11 January 2010

BIKE VEGAS SUMMER CUP SERIES 2010 – race one


First of all; a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! :)

Yesterday I had my first race of 2010! It was just a ‘little’ shock to the system, yeah right ;) But there is nothing like a bit of pain and suffering to get back to reality.

It was a pretty big field that gathered to do the first of the series of three races here at Whakarewarewa forest which was great. And there were quite a few girls amongst it too, so good to see!

It was a good hard race with a good pace and Nic Leary pushing me along for the big part of the race, thanks for a great race Nic!
I didn’t have a good start but managed to ride my way back up the field bit by bit to finish 15th overall and 1st women.

The thing that was missing was some more single track, the distance we covered on the gravel roads unfortunately was quite a bit longer then the distance through single trail, I am looking forward to more fun single trails in the next race. 'got my fingers crossed' ;)

It has been a fantastic summer so far with very little rain and pretty hot temperatures which shows in the rather dusty trails and you could tell by looking at the rides coming over the finish line, everyone was covered in dust it looked very funny. What a shame I don't have a photo of this to show you.

Congratulations to Dirk Peters who rode a fantastic race and cleaned up!
And Carl Jones got 3rd, awesome effort!

No comments: